Refunds and Exchanges
Under Australian Consumer Law, you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure of a product purchased from us. You are also entitled to have a product repaired or replaced if the product fails to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. These consumer guarantees apply where the amount paid or payable for the product did not exceed $40,000 and the product was not acquired for commercial purposes; and Kingstone has limited its liability in a manner permitted by Australian Consumer Law.
Consumer guarantees under Australian Consumer Law do not apply if you:
- got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it
- misused a product in any way that caused the problem
- knew of or were made aware of the faults before you bought the product
- asked for a service to be done in a certain way against the advice of the business or were unclear about what you wanted
Rights to a repair, replacement, refund, cancellation or compensation do not apply to items:
- worth more than $40 000 purely for business use
- you plan to on-sell or change so that you can re-supply as a business
Assessment of returned product for refund or replacement
In assessing a product returned for replacement or refund, we reserve the right to consider how much time has passed since you bought the product considering the following factors:
- the type of product;
- how the product was used;
- the length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used; and
- the amount of use the product could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the failure becomes noticeable.
Our liability to you shall not include or extend to:
- labour costs associated with the removal or repair of the defective product, or installation of the replacement product; and
- injury to persons, damage to property, loss of income, profit or business, or any other indirect loss arising from or caused in any way by the defective product.
Goods returned for refund or replacement will incur a 25% handling fee.
Proof of Purchase
All claims for repair, replacement or refund must be accompanied by proof of purchase.
Shipping/Delivery of Returns
To return your product, you should deliver your product to: 61 Lakemba Street, Belmore Sydney NSW Australia 2117.
If you are shipping your product, you will be responsible for paying for your own delivery/shipping costs for returning your item. Delivery/shipping costs are non-refundable by us. We recommend you consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We do not guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
If you receive a refund, the cost of return delivery/shipping (if delivery/shipping was paid by us) will be deducted from your refund.